Putney Town Rowing Club is one of the largest rowing clubs on the Tideway stretch of the River Thames in London. Situated in Mortlake, near Chiswick Bridge, it is well served by public transport along with easy access by car.
Our squads welcome new members all year round, but many of our new members join in September of each year as the season starts. Feel free to contact the squad captains over the summer to find out about plans for the start of season.
We have a number of squads which may suit your rowing aspirations: –
- Men’s Senior Squad – training up to 6 days a week with a goal of competing in major races including Henley Royal Regatta
- Women’s Senior Squad – training up to 6 days a week with a goal of competing in major races including Henley Women’s Regatta
- Veteran Men – for rowers interested either in training and racing, or who just want to enjoy the exercise and the pleasure of rowing on the Tideway. Ranging in age from Vet B to H.
- Women’s Masters – a group of experienced rowers/scullers who train hard with a view to racing but with a more flexible approach to land training.
- Social Scullers – a friendly, mixed gender group of scullers varying in age including those who only scull once a week recreationally to those who scull several times a week to those who actively train and compete.
Please note that we do not currently have an organised Juniors squad but do permit junior members to row at the club.